Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday Musings

I was nursing little Thomas this morning and then switched sides when Brooke asked, "Does one side have milk and one side have juice?"
We hosted a Fiesta de Navidad for our homeschool Spanish class this morning. It was a lot of fun. There were 15 kids and 8 adults. The kids had been learning fruits, vegetables and colors. Last week we met at Wal Mart to buy the ingredients for the soup and fruit salad we made this morning. The soup was delicious. We also had 2 pinatas and a spin off of the hispanic tradition of find the baby Jesus in the bread. (I don't know what the name of that is.) But, anyway, I made cupcakes and wrote a J underneath one of the cupcakes. Whoever ended up with the "J" cupcake found the true meaning of Christmas and won a prize. I thiink the original tradition is to put a small plastic Jesus in the bread, but I wasn't sure where to find a small plastic Jesus or how I would get it into the cupcake. This worked out better anyway. We also had fudge, chips, cookies and punch. And, plenty of candy. Somebody talk me down from this sugar high!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...