Thursday, October 22, 2015

Ozarks in the Fall

Last week I took a day trip with some friends to Northwest Arkansas. We went to several different craft fairs, one being at the War Eagle Mill. It was a great weekend to go-gorgeous weather and leaves starting to change. We were gone all day and probably could have been home three hours earlier if there wasn't so much traffic around Tontitown and Springdale. (Although it was a good excuse to stop for dinner at a Chinese buffet- so it all worked out well.) I bought some Amish jelly and a key chain that would go on my wrist for my small wallet. I didn't see anything that I just had to have, but I did see a lot of great stuff. I got a lot of ideas for decorating projects that I want to do, but not until we move to a different house. We also each chipped in a few dollars and got our pastor a wooden plaque that said, "A pastor's retirement plan is out of this world."



This is a picture of the War Eagle mill's wheel.


This is the lake with the wheel on the left.



The rickety covered bridge we had to drive across. The mill was on the right.



This was a brief stop just to take a picture and see this sign. We
didn't go down to this mill, but I want to come back and explore!





Sitting on the hill for lunch with the mill in the distance.


Me, Jen and Gail

Our pastor's wife wanted to go with us, but couldn't this year. She said, "Whatever happens in Arkansas stays in Arkansas."   Hmmmmm....... Well, there was that one time........

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...