Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Musings

My pastor asked me to briefly speak about being a mom during our Mother's day service about three years ago. This is what I said:

"Children are important to God."
-Psalm 127 says, "Children are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward"
-Psalm 128 says, "Children are like olive plants around your table."
-Matthew 18 says, "Whoever humbles himself as a child, he is the greatest in heaven"

"Raising young children can be a struggle. Sometimes it can be a minute by minute struggle. Sometimes you have to pray that God will get you through the next hour. I have six kids with three of them in diapers. I know how much of a stuggle it can be. But, God knows these struggles, because He has children, too.

My oldest daughter Brittany, and I were having a conversation a few years ago and she aksed me what I had wanted to be when I grew up. Kids were not in my plans. I said. 'Well, I had really wanted to be an archaeologist.' She said, 'So God didn't want you to be an archaeologist?' The Lord really spoke to me right at that moment and He said, 'Courtney, I thought it was more important for you to be a mom.'"

"This is my top ten list of things that I love about being a mom:

10. Peanut butter and jelly faces
9. Getting to spend 45 minutes just walking through the toy section at Wal-Mart
8. After fixing dinner, having my son tell me "Mom, You are the Great Cookest!"
7. When they look into your face and smile for the first time.
6. Learning every fact I thought I never wanted to know about Spiderman and Star Wars
5. Having an excuse to bake cookies...............and eat them
4. That fresh out-of-the-bath baby smell
3. Reading Pat the Bunny...........50 times
2. Not being able to go anywhere without someone asking, "Are all these kids yours?"
1. Six times the hugs, six times the kisses

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...