Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tasty Thursday

Mom’s Famous Pancakes
(This is what my children call them!)

4 cups flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
8 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
3 cups milk
8 T. butter melted
8 eggs
Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in separate bowls. Then combine the wet into the dry ingredients and mix together well. Cook on griddle or lightly buttered skillet. Serve with pure maple syrup.
**This makes enough pancakes for my family of 9 for two breakfasts. I just refrigerate the extras for the next morning. If you have a smaller family, just cut the recipe in half.
I know this is a lot of eggs, but with the extra protein, my kids seem to stay fuller for longer than when I used a recipe calling for less eggs.
Also, sometimes I substitute one cup of whole wheat flour for one cup of the white flour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...