Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's a twister, Auntie Em!

We have now experienced our very first Oklahoma tornado, although it was with very little excitement (thankfully!) About 5 am, there was enough thunder to wake me up- it's generally very hard to wake me up- and rain pelting against the window. Then, the power flicked off for just a few seconds. So, of course, I looked out the window and the wind is going crazy. Shortly after it all settled down into just a regular light rain.

Then, I heard the tornado sirens off in the distance. I though it was odd to just hear them after all the "storm", but whatever.

I read on the local news website that there had been confirmed an F2 in a nearby small city and they were pretty sure it was the same that did damage when it came through Tulsa.

Well, we can now rule out that mobile home we were looking into...........

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad to hear you all are okay!! I'm so glad you found a doctor that you like too. :)

Michelle said...

oh, yes, no trailer! Not in tornado country! Glad you're all safe and sound!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...