Monday, December 2, 2013

Does May 2014 mean anything to you?


Well, about a month ago I went on a Saturday morning to help clean our church nursery. We usually do a scrub down/toy purge about every six months to a year. So, I was almost done cleaning when David called me from work.

"What are you doing?"

I said, "Cleaning the nursery."

He said, "Cleaning the nursery? Is there something you're trying to tell me?"

I said, "The church nursery."

He said, "Oh yeah, I forgot you were doing that today."



Later that evening............


We went to Fuddruckers, just the two of us. When we are able to it's become sort of a Saturday date night for us. A little pricey, but a lot yummy.

Anyway, so as we were eating our burgers and fries, I asked David with a serious face, "So. Does May 2014 mean anything to you?"

He sat for probably a full minute deep in though wondering what could be happening in May 2014.

Something with my job? No.  Something with homeschool? No.  A vacation?  Haha. No.

He said, "I really have no idea."

I said, "Remember when you called me this morning and I told you I was cleaning the nursery and you said, 'Are you trying to tell me something?' Well, I'm trying to tell you something."

He looked at me with big surprised eyes and said, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?"

I said, "Are you surprised. It's the 11th time! I was just sure you already knew and as soon as I said May 2014 you would've guessed it right away!"

Oh, well. Life is just full of surprises apparently.

So, little Sanchez number 11 is on the way!



4 comments:

Amy Lynne said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Courtney said...

Thanks, Amy lynne!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family! I just happened to stumble across your blog while googling 10th pregnancy as I just found out that I am expecting #10. It's nice to see other families that are large and loving it!

Courtney said...

Thanks! Congratulations! I know, it's nice to have some large family encouragement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...