Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Musings

Bethany, the sweet little just-turned-six-year old, has been a thumb sucker since she was just a few months old. I can't seem to get her to give up the thumb. However, that is not the strange part. The strange thing is this girl has always wanted to stick her hand in my armpit! She likes to grab that wad of flesh that's just between the back and the arm. I'm not sure what it is with her. When she was an infant, and David was in Cuba, I'd let her sleep in my bed, because she refused to sleep in her own. So if I was to get any sleep, which I needed because I got pregnant with Brooke when she was just four months old, then I'd just let her lay by me. So, as a little baby, she'd lay curled up right at my back with one thumb in her mouth and one hand rubbing my arm/armpit. I'm constantly saying, "Bethany, get out of my armpit!" I suppose one day when I'm old I'll miss it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...