Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Musings

I have not vanished off the face of the earth! I am feeling tons better. I don't have that "on the verge of throwing up feeling" anymore, and a great deal of energy and motivation has returned. I'm so thankful. I was just praying for the Lord to have mercy on me this time, and He did just that. It's so hard to care for the rest of the children, and husband, when you feel absolutely aweful for weeks on end. It's just sort of a depressing feeling when you wake up in the morning and all you want to do is just lay there all day, but you know you have to get up to get a million things done. All the while feeling like the few crackers you kept down will be on there way back up. I'm sooo glad to be feeling better!
Thomas apparently has his daddy right where he wants him. The other night David and I were having a late evening snack of Doritoes (which is rare for me, but I could sense that the baby really wanted some, so I had to eat them!) and David informed all of the other children, who are Doritoes' hogs, that they were not getting any. These were for him and me. So in walks Thomas (18 months), takes one look at the chips, gives his dad huge puppy dog eyes, and says, "Chips. Pweese. Pweese." I, of course, was not falling for this little scheme, but his daddy says, "Well, good grief, give him some chips already. He said please!" Uh, huh. Who has who wrapped around their little finger?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...