Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

That's what I think I will retitle my blog as. We have fallen victim to the economy as well. My husband was fired last week from his job at an investment firm.
I was literally devastated and had a hard time letting go of the career that we put everything (literally everything) into to make it work. This was going to be the career that led to bigger and better things for us. But, for some reason beyond what I can understand, God did not let that happen. Now we are back to square one, only a lot more in debt, and exhausted from hanging on by a string for two years. Ugh.
It really wasn't anything he did wrong. He just didn't bring in enough commssion. To let him go with the economy this way- was it really fair? I guess they had to do what they had to do.
I am disappointed, and I guess at times worried about what will come next. I really wanted this career to work out, but I think I am done crying and finally ready to take a deep breathe and see what God will bring our way. Here are some things I am certain of.

1. God will provide for His children. We have seen Him work in our lives many times.
2. I am still a blood-bought child of the King.
3. I will have abundance one day- forever in heaven.
4. My husband loves God. All of my children love God.
5. I can feel the kicks of another little one in the womb, that will also one day love God.
6. God will supply all of our needs.
7. We have wonderful supportive friends.
8. It only took me 20 minutes. to vote on Tuesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...