Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Rant, A Rave and a Bloggy Overhaul

Well, if you had told me back in February when it was TEN DEGREES BELOW ZERO that in August it would be ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN DEGREES, you could have broken off an icicle outside my window and knocked me over with it.

It is too hot to do anything right now.

I have never looked more forward to October as I do right now.

So, I have neglected braving the heat and hanging out the laundry to do a little bloggy redo. Or maybe it's an updo. With a little color and some highlights.

We just got internet hooked up at the house and since it would be considered "bad mothering" to have spent copious amounts of time leaving the children home alone to go to the library or the bookstore to use the free wifi, well, I finally am able to get my blog updated.

The two reasons I started this blog were to be able to document our lives, since I can barely remember what I did yesterday, much less last year. I don't want to forget all the things we've done and cute things the kids say.

I also started this blog to share homeschool information with others. And, as busy as I've been this summer, I can hardly wait to start school again so that things can settle down a bit. (Even though I haven't even started planning yet. I'm usually done by now.)

So......now that the blog is under control again, I can move on to other things like deciding what we'll wear to church tomorrow since I neglected the laundry.


2 comments:

Amy Lynne said...

I like it! It looks really nice!

Courtney said...

Thanks, Amy Lynne! I really like it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...