Saturday, August 18, 2012

Frugal Friday. Except that it's Saturday.

Frugal School Supplies

This was such a busy week. I had a doctor's appointment, I had to take two kids to the dentist for check ups, and I took Brittany to the doctor for an ear infection. I turned in some clothes to consign that my two big boys had grown out of and I went to book club. I also have been feverishly planning homeschool, because HELLO I am running out of time.

I still haven't found my camera battery charger, and my hesitancy to spend FORTY TWO DOLLARS to buy another one, has led me to use my husband's video camera to take pictures. And, since it is a video camera, that he needs for his graduate degree work, and not an ACTUAL camera, it doesn't take very clear pictures. But, I guess an unclear picture is better than NO picture.

Meanwhile...............

school supplies have been on sale for the past five weeks, so I have been stocking up.

My two favorite office supply stores  


and


have not let me down! I didn't make the Staples Teacher Appreciation Day this year, because I couldn't get myself up and out of the house that day, but I did make it to the one at Office Depot.

And, boy, am I glad I did.


Because I WON the drawing for the PRINTER!!




So totally exiting!!

I've been heading to Office Depot and Staples since the beginning of the school sales and stocked up on their sale items. I did make one trip to Dollar Tree for pencil cases and I did splurge at Target for some markers, colored pencils and water color paints for the little kids.

Typically, Staples has a $5 minimum purchase to get the sale items, but every week they offer an item for free or for a major discount with a rebate. For instance, they had computer paper for $1 after rebate and the first week it was 25 cents after rebate. I've already gotten my first rebate check back. Office Depot doesn't have a minimum purchase and doesn't offer rebates from what I've seen, and both stores have a limit on each item.

Also, keep in mind, that these are my teacher supplies, (my husband takes some of this too!) and supplies for the nine kids for the entire year, until next summer when I shop again.

Here is a picture of all the school supplies from my weeks' purchases................



and a closer look..............




Here is what's in the picture....

7 reams of computer paper
3 thin binders
4 hard backed binders
2 giant glue sticks
28 single glue sticks
1 protractor
7 rulers
2 White Outs
2 packs of cap erasers
10 large erasers
12 highlighters
2 packs of notecards
6 pencil sharpeners
56 ink pens
5 colored ink pens
21 dry erase markers
52 mechanical pencils
10 tabbed dividers
2 legal pads
3 packs sticky tags
40 pronged folders
2 bottles of glue
12 boxes of crayons
3 boxes of colored pencils
48 #2 pencils
3 boxes of markers
4 packs of water colors
9 pencil cases
10 composition notebooks
6 packs of tissues
2 boxes of chalk
220 paper clips
8 packs notebook paper
1 pack post it labels
6 Sharpie Markers
3 spiral notebooks
2 post it notes
1 reusable tote bag


All of this at regular price would have cost me  $298 before tax.

 
I spent.........

 
$66.58.


 
This doesn't include the pencil sharpener I got for $14 using my 20% teacher discount at the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast.





 
Whew! Until next year............

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...