Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Brittany's Graduation: Class of 2013!



Is it really possible?

My oldest child has really graduated from high school?

From home school?

It really seems like I was thinking just yesterday that we still had a few years left until I had to start planning for high school, and now high school is OVER. Well, next month I will start a new chapter in my life- having an adult child who I am no longer homeschooling. It really is bittersweet, I guess. You plan for 18 years that one day they will become their own person, and when it really happens, well, it's a little sad.

But, I know that Brittany is a confident, smart, outgoing young lady with a heart for serving Jesus, so really, what's to be sad about? I know she'll succeed.

We had a simple ceremony, which is what she wanted. David and I shared a few words, gave her a diploma and then it was P-A-R-T-Y!

She wanted a vintage 50's diner theme. Everything turned out very nicely and I think it was special for her.





Brittany and Tyler





Brittany and Bailey








Brittany and Timothy




Brittany and Tristan


 
 Brittany and Bethany







 Brittany, Katie and Jordan
 
 

Brittany and Victoria


 
Brittany with Uncle Craig and Aunt Cassandra




 
 


2 comments:

Godly-young-widow said...

Congrats to Brittany! Yeah; my oldest niece graduates/graduated this year too; makes me feel my hair turning grey. New phase, that's for sure!
I look forward to the next post about the next step of her future plans as an adult. Work? More missions trips? College/university? Praying for you, and her. And your whole family in whatever adjustments. Being the oldest child can bring pressure to "lead the way"; as a firstborn myself I can relate to that. God bless.

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for the prayer! It's funny, both my husband and I are oldest children, too! Brittany returns from her Panama missions trip tomorrow and she's already said she intends to go next year as well! And, maybe the mission field full time. We'll see what happens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...