Friday, March 7, 2014

Finances on Friday!


These last two weeks have warn me out, and this week I've spent catching up on laundry and getting the house back in order. I've also been packing some boxes. No, we haven't heard anything else about the house. David called them the day after our anniversary and he hadn't been able to do any of the repairs yet, but they really want it to work out that we can buy it from them.

David walked in the door the other day and saw the boxes and said, "Are you preparing for rain?"

At first I didn't get it, but he said, "Remember the movie 'Faith Like Potatoes'?"

Well, I hadn't thought of that, but that principle is also in 'Facing the Giants'. I don't want to be presumptuous that God is going to give us that house, but if packing boxes means that I'm preparing for Him to do bless us with it, then I guess that's what I'll do. Worse case scenario, we'll have less clutter since I'm trying to weed out anything that we don't need anymore.

So, I'm linking up this week again with Rebecca over at Renaissance for Finances on Friday!

Here are a few frugal endeavors for the week:

  • FOUND the missing library book! Shockingly it was on the bookshelf that I had instructed a certain someone to check already, because I was sure it was probably there.
  • Went to the natural grocer and got a free pound of organic butter. I also had a coupon for lunch meat, but they were sold out of that.
  • Sold a book on Cash4Books. I used Bookscouter to find the best quote. I had a stack of some old textbooks, and they were only buying one of them. Oh, well, one is better than none!
  • Got coupons for a cupcake or cookie from the cafe at Barnes and Noble for signing up for the kids' birthdays.
  • Got a free code for a Redbox rental in my email. I'll probably use it tomorrow since it's going to be cold and rainy again. (But, 70's next week!!!!)
  • I took a bag full of books and magazines to put on the "free" shelf at the local library. I've benefited from others who've put things there many times, so I like to return the favor.
Well, nothing went terribly wrong in the frugal department this week, so maybe we can just declare this a week of success!

Don't forget to link up over at Renaissance and share your frugal endeavors for the week, as well!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

As you said, it's a win-win either way. I just spent this afternoon cleaning/clearing out the office. Always right around March I get to feeling claustrophobic and cluttered...I think it is because of the many months stuck indoors.

Terri said...

Love the thought of blessing others as you have been blessed. I always try to do that too. :-). Joining you from Rebecca's today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...