Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Musings

I'm just going to give up for now. Thomas is just NOT ready to wean. I decided this last night when he woke up for the third or fourth time. I was tired, he was inconsolable and I was in major pain from engorgement. I little voice in my head said, "If you wean and he doesn't sleep through the night, then you'll have to deal with getting him calmed down with out the ease of just being able to nurse." Anne's probably thinking "I could've told you that!" :) And I cannot figure out how to add her to my friend's list. HTML is so difficult! Wendy suggested switching to blogspot because it's more user friendly but that means I'll have to start the blog all over again. But, I digress.........

Okay, okay. Fine. I'll keep nursing the little guy. I guess it means that he still needs me. It's nice to be needed. Maybe we'll try again in a few months. Maybe not. He is just so different than the other 6. They mostly slept through the night and stopped nursing by 12 or 13 months. He's always had sort of a grumpy disposition, although he's growing out of it . Sometimes when he'd cry when someone would look at him, stranger anxiety, they'd say, "He doesn't like me." So, I'd say, "Sometimes I don't think he likes me either!" He'd cry at me like, "Your supposed to be my mother! Why aren't you figuring out what wrong with me and fixing it woman!!" He'll always go to Tyler though. Tyler is great with the babies. He has such a gentle way with kids, they just love him. He'll be a great dad someday.

Anyway, maybe Thomas felt some remorse about his screaming fits this weekend. He tried to wash his own mouth with soap last night in the bathtub. I looked away for a minute and he'd eaten some soap that was hidden in the toys. He was spitting for about the next two hours. Poor guy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...