Saturday, January 17, 2009

So much to do, so little time...

Let me preface this post by saying that no, David has not signed the contract yet. Surprised? The lawyer finally got them done, and he had an appointment to meet with her on Wednesday evening, but he woke up that morning with the entire right side of his face swollen. I did take him to the doctor who put him on two antibiotics (it was an infection) and then I advised him not to meet with her- he looked bad. I mean baaaddd. They had reschuduled for Friday afternoon, but she got held up at another meeting and, alas, the signing did not happen. Perhaps next week?

I will be 35 weeks on Monday and-oh my goodness- did I just say 35 weeks? That means that I have 5 ( and maybe 6-7) more weeks to get it together before I have this baby. I haven't even gotten any of the baby stuff out of storage yet. Actually, I'm not even sure where I am going to even put the baby or any of the baby stuff. Well, my original thought was to get a pack and play with one of those bassinett inserts and the baby could sleep in that in our room. The two little boys destroyed the last pack and play-that was a hand me down- so we really needed a new one anyway. That way I could leave Thomas in his crib a little longer. Then, I realized that Thomas is climbing out of his crib, so should I just go ahead and move him into the double bed under the bunkbed to sleep with Tristan, but then where would Tyler sleep since he and Tristan share the double bed. So, if I brought the crib downstairs then I would have to rearrange our bedroom to make it fit- I would slash through cram and then type "fit" it I knew how to slash through like those other cool bloggers- and then we would still have to get a bed for Tyler. I guess an 11 year old probably doesn't want to sleep with his little brother anyway.

Or, maybe we could still get the pack and play/bassinett since we need one anyway and just take the crib down, so we could put off rearranging our room for a little longer, and store the crib in the closet for a few months. Then, if this baby is a girl, I don't think we could ever fit her up in the girl's room, because there is already a twin bed, bunkbed, dresser and girls' toys. The boys room could possibly fit another boy, but there would already be a bunk bed with double bed on bottom, a twin bed (for Tyler), two dressers and the boys' toys. Or, maybe we could just pull all our hair out, throw up our hands, and go get some ice cream.

I did want to get some freezer meals and the fixins to do some crockpot meals all ready ahead of time, also. And, I want to get a few "fun" things for the kids to do for school for a week or two post-baby. This also starts our birthday-o-rama with Thomas Feb. 12, Tristan Feb. 23, (Baby Due), Anniversary Feb. 25, Bethany Mar. 9, Brooke Apr. 17 and Tyler Apr. 27. I wanted to get some stuff prepped and purchased ahead of time. I really like to do special things for their birthdays, since that is the day all their own, and I never really had special birthdays growing up. We don't always invite friends, and maybe just a close friend or two when we do, but I do like to decorate and make a special cake and anything else that I can think that would make them feel special.

I need to get a new sling, as my last one I got with Timothy has stretched and gotten uncomfortable. I had one of those snuggly carriers with the first two and then bought a generic sling at Wal mart with Timothy. I used it a lot with him, but then got pregant with Brooke when Bethany was 4 months, it was too much on my back to use it with her. I used it with Brooke some, but then we got a double stroller. I used the sling a lot with Tristan, but Thomas didn't like the sling, or to be snuggled. I am not really a baby-wearer all the time, but sometimes it is easier and practical. I'm thinking of the Babyhawk, but I've got a few more kinds to look into first. My old sling didn't sit the baby in the directly in front of me, but off to my side and was uncomfortable, so I like the "frontness" of these. We'll see.

Anyhoo....

There is probably a lot more I could drone on and on and on about, however, I will close this post now and get to some of this stuff I need to get to.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I know he will be happy no matter where you put him! :) Good luck, though...I know those nesting instincts kick in and you want the "perfect" spot.

btw, the slash words, view your post in the html view. Before the word(s) you want to slash, write < del >. After the word(s) you want to slash, write < /del >.(Minus the extra space I put in each tag...the comment box apparently won't accept that tag.

Anne said...

Throw your hands up and go get ice cream. Things like that usually work themselves out, anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...