Saturday, May 23, 2009

Monday Musings

Here's a little bullet point musing list.


  • Bailey had her well baby check last week. She weighs 13 pounds 9 ounces and is 23 inches long. Mommy's little pork chop is in the 95 and 90th percentiles for weight and height and head circumfrence. And she laughed for the first time on Saturday.









  • Thomas (on garbage day): "Mom! There's da garbage can twuck!"

  • Sometimes Brooke says things a funny way. She wrapped up some ice and put it in the freezer and told me she made a "freeze bag" in case someone gets "bonked". Way to prepare for emergencies, honey!

  • Last week when we were walking, my kids got introduced to honeysuckles. We lived out in the country when I was young and I always picked and licked honeysuckles. Did anyone else use to do that? My kids, nature deprived as they are, had never done that-or at least the older two might have long ago, but don't remember, and the younger kids definately hadn't. So, we picked some honeysuckles at the edge of the neighborhood, with a stern warning to NOT pick and eat anything else found outside unless they ask me first!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I used to lick honeysuckles too. At the daycare I went to when I was little, there were several vines along the back fence. I loved going up the hill to smell them and get a taste.

Kristi said...

We had a huge bush that got taken over when I was a little girl. The whole thing was covered in honeysuckles! My sister and I used to spend tons of time licking those honeysuckles. We had to watch out for the bees!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...