It's time again for Finances on Friday! So, I'm linking up over at Renaissance.
I didn't post last week because I was pretty busy and this pregnancy I've been suffering from serious lack of motivation.
But none the less, I did manage to do a few frugal things......
- found some beef and french bread loaves marked down at the store. I'll stick those in the freezer. The bread is good to make toasted sandwiches for the kids' lunch or just some bread and butter with dinner. It fills up tummies.
- I got some cute owl fabric on clearance for the diaper bag I'm planning on making. Now to find a pattern on clearance......
- We were the recipients of a HUGE tub of spaghetti sauce leftover from the midweek meal at our church. For the next several days everyone kept asking, "Is there any of that spaghetti left?" For some reason whenever I make spaghetti sauce no one ever keeps asking about it....lol.
- used a $10 off a $20 purchase coupon at Kmart from shop your way points so I was able to stock up on some pull ups and shampoo and things.
- Walgreens was offering 40% off of announcements/cards, so I took the pictures that I was finally able to get of all of us from Easter and I got 20 cards for $10 to send to family and friends.
- Used a 15% off coupon for shoes for my son.
And what was NOT frugal this week..........
I had a coupon for a free taco from a mexican place down the street and since David had wanted a soda I went ahead and used the taco coupon for me and just paid for a soda for him. Well, as soon as I walked in the front door I dropped the soda all over the living room floor. A large soda. At least we have wooden floors. So, he went back out and had to get another soda. Darned pregnancy hands.
The shoes I originally had gotten for my son the other week online ended up being "medium" instead of regular. No where online did it say they were medium. So I had to ship them back which cost me $8 (!!!) which I would did not get reimbursed for. So aggravating!
Anyway, Rebecca at Renaissance is challenging us this month to "use it up", so I'm accepting the challenge.
What did I "use up" today?
-I went ahead and made pancakes from scratch, even though I didn't want to (remember that lack of motivation thing I mentioned?), and I'm out of white sugar, so I just used a little brown sugar which tasted fine and smelled great. I also used a few miniature chocolate chips I had left over to sprinkle on top.
-On the menu for tonight: steak strips (found marked down), brown rice I have on hand and broccoli florets I have in the freezer.
Don't forget to link up and share your frugal efforts! And, don't forget the "use it up" challenge!