Saturday, October 11, 2008

For richer or for poorer

I know I am not the only one wondering what is going on with the economy right now. My husband works right in the financial business and our sole income is based on the commission from who invests money with him. Right now, everyone is freaking out and no one wants to invest money. It has been difficult for the past two years, since he started this new job. At first, because it takes a while to build up a client base, but this year because of the turmoil with the market. Is God testing us or what? (I am laughing to myself because I already know this answer.)

God has been working on me lately in a lot of ways. I tend to get fearful, which I think a lot of women do, when finances aren't in line, and when money is just not coming in period. But, God patiently continues to remind me that the government is NOT in control, the stock market is NOT in control, the bank is NOT in control, and, most importantly, I am NOT in control. I started a notebook two years ago to list all the ways, big and small, that God has met our needs. And, I started jotting down scripture that really allowed me to keep hanging on. Maybe these verses will be an encouragement to anyone else in the same situtation.
We may not have what the world calls riches right now, and we may never in this life. But, according to God, we are abundantly rich-we have all the riches in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:19 "And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Phillipians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

Psalm 37:7 "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him...."

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined to me and heard my cry."

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He willl sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."

Joel 2:25-26 "Then I will make up to you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, the stripping locust, and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you. And you shall have plenty to eat and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, who has dealt wondrously with you; then my people will never be put to shame."

I love this next verse. I love the fact that He "delights" in me. (Go read from the Bible the entire beginning to verse 18.)

Psalm 18:19 "He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me because He delighted in me..."

And my mantra lately.......

Proverbs 3: 5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and DO NOT lean on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes..."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...