Saturday, April 25, 2009

Updates

It has been over a week and a half since David went to Texas for temporary work helping his friend roof and paint a house. He's really lonely. He's staying in the house that he's working in and it's a pretty empty house. He's ready to come back. It's been very hard on Thomas because he's so attached to David. There haven't been any leads for him to follow so far. He needs a job very soon. I'm really tired of this.



Thomas was so pitiful last night. I had to spank him and he was all upset. We really don't spank the kids very often, but throwing things at his siblings was a no-no. So about 5 minutes later he's still crying and I said, "What is wrong with you now?" He said in a sad, sullen little expression, "You spank me."



drip, drip (That would be the sound of my heart melting.)



Life has been okay with no vehicle. Our friends left us with their car for the week. And other friends have taken me to run a few errands otherwise. David had driven our only vehicle to Texas. Today I have been straightening out our books and homeschool supplies. It seems as though there is always something to be done.

And, why suddenly is it 90 degrees after a beautiful week of 70 degree weather??? I was hoping we would get a repeat of last spring when we had the windows open through May. Sigh.

I guess I had better get back to work.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I hope David gets to come home soon. If you need me, call.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry David is there by himself. I hope he continues to get some work!

I hope Kim is holding that baby by now, too!

Those little guys do know how to melt our hearts, don't they. Hugs, Thomas!

Go away heat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...