Friday, January 24, 2014

Another baby update!

An Update on the Update! The doctor's office just called me and everything looked good on the ultrasound ! Relief.

Imaging called me on Wednesday and had an opening for an ultrasound yesterday morning. They were fast!

I have to admit, I have never been so nervous to go to an ultrasound. These last two pregnancies I just keep thinking that something is going to be wrong.

You have ten healthy children. Certainly the odds are that this time..........

I do trust that God is in control, but that fear is still back there lurking. I can accept that if something goes wrong, for whatever reason, God will have allowed it, but I don't want something to go wrong.

The ultrasound tech didn't say there was anything wrong, but she didn't say that there wasn't anything wrong either. It seems like they usually say, "Well, everything looks great!", but she really didn't comment either way other than pointing out what she was doing and measuring. Nothing looked wrong that I could see. And, the baby was very cooperative and gave us some great photos. She said the doctor would have the results in a few days, and would let me know, but if everything looks good then they may not call me, but just discuss it at my  next appointment. In a month.

So, I guess this is, "No news is good news."

I hate that waiting business. Good grief. Just let a person know already.

And, it turns out that according to the measurements, I am only 20 weeks today, which would put my due date at June 14. Flag day. She said she didn't know if the doctor would adjust the date or not. So I guess we'll see. My birthday is June 23, so who knows. Maybe I'll get an exciting present.


2 comments:

Amy Lynne said...

Yay! I don't know why those techs have to be like that, but at least the doctor's office got back to you quickly.

Courtney said...

Yes, I was suprise they calld so fast, but I was very thankful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...