Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Well, on occasion we get negative comments about the size of our family (as evidenced here), but much more often we get curious questions. And, we do get quite a few positive comments.

Sunday, David came home from church early to start grilling out some lunch for us. I stopped in the grocery store on my way home to get some lemonade and soda.

There was a lady right behind me in line and she leaned over and said, "OH! It looks like you're going to have a little blessing!"

"Yes!" I said. "Actually it will be number 11 for us." Normally I wouldn't just volunteer that out there, but I felt it was the right thing to say.

"Well," she said, "You're still so young, you have energy to care for them all. And the time just goes by so fast. You know what the Bible says? Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of children."

I said, "Yes, it sure does! But, not everyone feels that way........."

She smiled and said, "You know, it's just none of their business!"

Bless her heart.

She made my day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...