Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh George Foreman grill, How do I love thee--Let me count the ways.....

I just discovered you when our oven heating element went out a few weeks ago. Someone had given you to me as a hand me down about two or three years ago. I had used you to toast a sandwich or two, but that was about it.




Boy, was I missing out.


You will cook almost any kind of meat. (Everything I have tried so far.) It is so tender and juicy and you fake everyone out with those grill marks so that we think we're getting something fresh off the real grill. It doesn't have that authentic smokey flavor, but it still tastes good.


And you are quick. I do have to do two batches for us, but it's still faster than cooking something in the oven, or on the stove, or on the regular grill, for that matter.


You will even cook frozen chicken tenders. Oh, you multi-faceted little dear.


Cleaning you up is a breeze. Just whip out some paper towels and we're good to go.


My little grill, you aren't even a real "George Foreman", but an imitation knock off. That's okay. Beauty is only skin deep. It's what's on the inside that counts.


Never leave me little grill.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

LOVE it! ;-) I've never tried one of these, but you make it sound so wonderful, one of these days, I may have to give it a go!

Marsha said...

I'm glad you found love...in a new appliance! :)

Courtney said...

Well, OF COURSE, it has to come in second to hubby. Of course. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...