Thursday, June 4, 2009

We went out to get some more yard work done this morning. It was really great weather-overcast and not too hot. I had basically already finished the front yard on Monday, we just had the back yard to do.





I was clearing out the logs from the trees that David and his brother had cut down in the backyard from a few years ago. We had been saving it for firewood, but since we have never actually built a fire, I decided I'd take them to the curb.





So, I was throwing the logs into the wheelbarrow (that by the way has a flat tire and do you know how hard it is to push a wheelbarrow full of logs up a driveway with a flat tire?) and what do I see, but....




Great day in the morning! It was the hugest black widow spider I have ever seen in my life. People, this picture does not do it any justice. This thing was huge! It totally CU-REEEEPED me out! I don't think there is anyone who dislikes spiders as much as I do. I don't mind snakes. Rodents? No big deal. But spiders? EEEEWWWW!!!

I could barely bring myself to blog about it because I didn't want to see the picture!

I was just reading a homeschool magazine article last night about this mom who came across a black widow and put it in a jar for a science lesson. They kept it in the kitchen. And it had babies!

I have seriously never been that desparate for a science lesson.

What's that you say? Spiders are good? They eat mosquitoes? Go ahead you little eight legged critters, but just stay out of my sight. I don't want to know nuthin' about it.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

We found a spider last weekend that was (I am NOT kidding) as big as my fist! I still have not had the chance to look it up, mainly because like you I don't want to look at pics of spiders, but I am going to...when I can find a minute.

Kathleen said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I hate spiders, especially black widows. Never seen one in real life, but I just know I especially hate those. And, no, you certainly wouldn't find me with one in a jar either!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...