Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow, More Snow (did I mention snow?) and the Duggars


Well, no one can say this hasn't been a real winter.

On Sunday it snowed for the fourth or fifth time since November. It snowed again today and is supposed to snow again on Thursday and Saturday. I can't even wrap my mind around it. When we left for church Sunday morning there were BARELY a few snowflakes falling and I thought, "Oh, this will probably stop in a few minutes," but by the time we left church it had snowed THREE inches! I didn't even know how we were going to make it home, but thankfully they got the highways plowed and it wasn't really ice, just snow.

I'm so ready for summer. (Will I still be appreciating that statement when it's 110 degrees? I don't know.)


So, on Saturday, Brittany went to a party at the Duggar's house. Yes, the same Duggar's from 19 Kids and Counting!

My friend has a friend who knows the Duggars from some political endeavors that her friend's husband has been involved in. The Duggars agreed to host a surprise party for the husband, and my friend's daughter invited Brittany to come along.

We learned something from this experience. My family may, in fact, actually be the Duggar family.

I will allow you to come to your own conclusions:


Tristan and Jackson could be twins.
 

 
 
 
Josie and Travis could be twins.
 


 
 
 
 
I have been told I sound like Michelle.
 

 

Now, if that isn't enough evidence I don't know what is.


I would love to meet her and ask her how she keeps up with all the kids toothbrushes. And, how many pencils does she buy for the school year? I bought probably 200 pencils last August. We now have twelve left. TWELVE. Half way through the school year. WHERE DO THEY GO???  It's these type of things that I just haven't figured out yet as a large family mother. And, how, HOW can children possibly eat so much food?

Maybe you just smile and deal with it the best that you can, because you know that in the blink of an eye they will all be grown and then you'll think, "Well, what am I going to do with all these 200 pencils?"

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Snow sure does seem to be in abundance this year! I'm thankful that we only got 2 inches here and I know you know that closed the town down for a day and a half ;-)

How fun to meet the Duggars! I hope you all get to meet some day :)

Courtney said...

It's funny with the snow, because the school system has already used up all of their snow days here. One day was even used for just cold weather, not even snow. So, yesterday when it was sleeting/snowing they didn't close schools and everyone is wondering why. Well, it's because you used up all your snow days and now the roads are mysteriously "safe" to travel. lol

Alisa said...

All This snow Makes you wonder about "global Warming".... :)

Courtney said...

IKR!

Godly-young-widow said...

Wow; I always wondered if/when you would ever meet the Duggars! I originally stumbled onto your blog from a chain of links starting with them and the Bates family. I hope you all get to meet them someday too. Are you using the ATI homeschooling materials like them? Or thinking of it? And that leads also to another wondering now that you have an adult daughter. What are your thoughts on dating/courtship/relationships with the opposite gender?

Courtney said...

I would love to meet them. You know, for probably the last four years whenever we meet someone new or announce a pregnancy someone says, "Do you know the Duggars?" or "You should get your own tv show!" lol! We don't use ATI- I actually had never even heard of it until I heard the Duggars use it. I've always just written our own curriculum so I plan to just conintue on with that. The Duggars are quite a bit more conservative than we are- we don't exclusively wear skirts and we do listen to contemporary Christian music, watch some tv and things like that. Now, we are proponents of courtship-we haven't let any of our kids date and don't do the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. As a matter of fact, when my oldest was probably 7, a family friend asked her if she had a boyfriend and she said, "No. That wouldn't be appropriate." lol! My oldest does have an "interest" in a certain young man, and we have cautioned her against getting emotionally attached because neither of them is in a position at this point to start an actual courtship. But she is 18, so there's only so much we can say. We allow them to communicate and see each other at church, and they have friends in common so sometimes they get together with the group of friends. But, they don't spend any time together alone. She's been compliant with that so we'll see what happens! It is interesting new territory, and I think, as with most parenting things, you adjust as you go along.
Blessings Godly Young Widow! Thanks for sticking around!

Marsha said...

Wow! Y'all have been busy. lol

I won't go into the global warming, but to say 15 to 20 years ago I read a paper that global warming would lead to a mini-ice age. Here we are. :)

Anway. You know we love the Duggars here. Love seeing all the pictures!

As much as I hated all of you moving, things seem to be going well for all of you these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...